Monday, January 17, 2011

Smoulder and burn

Woohooo.... chest, stomach hips.... wave upon body wave against the pole... change sides and repeat. Hip thrusts, now work it down. Butt circles...come on ladies really stick that butt out now ... Keep it low... now work it right back up. Figures of eight... move those hips... change sides...Move those hips deeper... Right arm high and salsa.... wooohooo get those hips moving.... move that left arm up and down your body seductively... remember the higher you keep it the higher the heart rate the harder you're working it...

So began the one hour, sexy, high cardio, low impact Smoulder and Burn class.

I had two hours to wait between work finishing and yoga class starting. If I headed home, I would have ended up on the sofa and wouldn't reappear out of the house until the next morning.

In a way this wasn't a bad option, as I had struggled to keep awake towards the end of the day, and I could just see that sofa beckoning...but then there was the other side of me, the one that argued and urged me to get out and get some long needed physical activity.

Impulsively, as my nature can be, I phoned the studio to see if there were any classes I could participate in... and just as I was justifying sofa time to myself ... I was enthusiastically told yes it wasn't too late to attend the S&B class.

A change of gear and off I headed.

Different routines: pole routines, chair routines, ab routines, hip and thigh routines to different, get-you-moving tracks. I smouldered and I burned for an hour, silently dreading the next morning, at the thought of every muscle still burning and smouldering.

15 comments:

  1. This actually sounds fun. Did you enjoy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun and did feel good afterwards, I've booked another 4 classes :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that feeling!...too bad I haven't felt it for awhile.
    You make working out sound so sexy by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't is just one of the best feelings Sandra! Thank you, I will certainly take that compliment :) especially coming from someone as gorgeously sexy as yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a observation room for this ritual? Sounds like it could be stimulating...er, entertaining....er, educational...you know what I mean :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Dad, it's so good to see you taking such an interest in...er, fitness? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I'm reincarnated I hope to come back as a pole.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All this for Jacob's benefit? I predict some heavy breathing and aching muscles when you two get together

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun times with some gorgeous women, good choice Don :).

    Awww, Mynx, Jacob is all yours, I'm only the catalyst to get you both back together :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not like you to want to share. Besides it's your turn for Jacob's special workout

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm envious! What motivates you to work out? I am in desperate need of some and am trying to figure out where to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome On My Soapbox. My motivation is the feeling you get after a work out, it is just so good. I will try something new at least once and it has to be fun. It also helps if you can find someone to drag along too, that way there is less chance of skipping a workout.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OM Soapbox, thank you thank you thank you, how totally fantastic, I can't believe it :).

    Awww, I missed you to Chief, but I'm in Sydney, and guess what all you guys are coming with me (sort of virtually anyway). Saw some awesome chocolate brownies and wished I could have somehow sent them to you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...