Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday sweet friday

Ahhhh Friday... Today couldn't come soon enough. After the break and the short weeks, this week just seemed sooooo long. Not that it has been a bad week and I fortunately work with an awesome group of fun, unpolitically correct people, however Friday's arrival is always something to look forward to.

Today was a mixed bag of goodies. The morning consisted of volunteering to help copy information for some research work - mind destroyingly boring. Doing the final proof and edit to a publication, so much more interesting, especially choosing the pictures and the placement of them.

At lunch time I finally booked a flight to Sydney, yipeeee. I've had to put the trip off a couple of times for various reasons, so decided why not go over during the Australia Day celebrations. So in just over a week's time I'm off for a break ... ummm now just to let the boss know, hope he agrees, sure he will, won't he?

Then in between sorting out some policies for a Manual update I decided to quickly catch up on any blog updates. And it's celebration time!!!!

To celebrate reaching 100 followers, The Weed is having a GIVEAWAY.

Excitingly it's not just one prize but two.

He is prepared to part with his much beloved (unopened) Little Thumper and a gift card to the Cheesecake Factory. Unfortunately, as the Cheesecake Factory has still yet to make it to these shores, if I was fortunate to win I would have to decline the gift card, as I'm sure there wasn't mention of an air ticket to collect the prize (are you open to bribery Weed? If I win, the gift card is yours :)).

The motivation for winning the Little Thumper??? No, not quite the motivation that you are thinking! More my sense of humour at the thought of showing off Little Thumper, and telling the guys I work with the delightful story of how I was sent it by a man I hardly know, all the way from the US.

9 comments:

  1. I have seen many many giveaways in the bloggy world, but never one like that. That is freakin hilarious.

    P.S. We don't have a Cheesecake Factory either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is one funny guy, JM. Such a shame about the cheesecake factory as that is one of my fav desserts. Oh, and by the way, if you win the giveaway, remember it wasn't me who put you onto it, can't have Dad thinking I'm leading you astray, so shhh :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. unpolitically correct people are the bestest people on earth.....other than you, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even guess what you might do with the Little Thumper if you should win it. :-)

    But if you win the Cheesecake Factory gift card send it to me because there's one of those places about 90 miles from me in Homewood, Alabama and I would give it to someone who could cash it in......perhaps a homeless babe living under an interstate highway bridge up that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, thank you Don. Yes they are the bestest people and such fun, no hang ups where I work, it's impossible to have any, just plenty of laughs. And what a great idea about the gift card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little thumper, huh...sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh oh, I think we may be in trouble JM!

    I'm guessing all sorts of fun could be had with Little thumper, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, i entered too, dont tell Dad. I dont want to be grounded

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...