Friday, January 7, 2011

DJ



This is DJ.

I admit I have a soft spot for anything furry and cuddly, or as in this case, feathery.

DJ came into my life under two weeks ago, when neighbours asked if I would look after him while they headed down south for a break.

So...DJ's pad is set up at my place and the neighbours waved goodbye to.

DJ now becomes know as DJ. I think his real name is Dusty, but really, that just doesn't do it, so I've renamed him DJ Attitude ++.
DJ is a cool dude with attitude and spunk (no not that....this is Australian for showing courage/spirit, which counts, as he doesn't bat a feather when I decide the best way to clean up his feathers and discarded seed shells is by using the vacuum in his pad).

DJ has a constant habit of checking out his coolness in his mirror (um wait, that's three mirrors... what the??? I have one!) , blatantly. None of this quick sneak from the corner of his eye,while no-one is apparently looking, it is a full on gaze, head twirling, preening, followed by a wolf whistle when he finishes.

His cool dude moves are awesome enough that he should be appearing in Chris Brown's video Yeah 3x. I am attempting to teach him to say jump (rather than peek a boo, as this doesn't really cut it for such coolness). And the descending angel pole move ... well that puts me to shame.

As with any star, he has demands.

Demands to visit outside his pad, transported around in luxury.

Demands attention by calling out, what's happening? (he learns quickly).

Demands to be cajoled and stroked in the way that HE likes, with a nip and screech if it is not done correctly.

But hey who am I to argue with such demands as he gives me a wolf whistle as I head out the door to work.

7 comments:

  1. Smart bird. Knows a sexy lady when he sees one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must make us both two birds of a feather Mynx :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, DJ is just me disguised as a bird. This seemed to me to be the the best way for me to get into Twilight's home and her comfort zone. The attention she gives me now is something every horny- beaked male should be privileged to experience. If I should die now, I'd die with a smile on my beak. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah ha Don, that explains why I have had a vague feeling I knew DJ all along! Cheeky, but happy, devil you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a bird just like that named Chi Chi. That bird lived FOREVER and was super sweet.

    Also, there is some blog love for you over at my place! Come see!

    jumblemash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great name Chi Chi is JM, and they are super sweet. He is back home now, but I get to look after him again in about a weeks time :).

    Woof, Dad, woof, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...