Monday, January 10, 2011

Life is good


Life is good, actually it is brilliant and is for living.

Wow, what a fantastic way to end the weekend and start the new week, by discovering you have been bestowed an Award! I would just like to say an extremely big thank you to the gorgeous Jumble Mash for even thinking of my blog, let alone giving me this Award.


Now there are some rules to this Award, which are:

1. First thank and link back to the person that gave the Award (done, and hopefully correctly).

2. Answer the 10 survey questions.

3. Pass the Award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic.

4. Contact the bloggers you have chosen to let them know about the Award.

Well, lets get started...

1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy dong this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?

I blog anonymously and prefer to blog this way. This is one of my other little worlds outside my real world and lets me express freely without any restraints, or possible restraints.

2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.

I am a fairly laid back, easy going person. A stubborn side, who me??? Mmmm, well ok, maybe perhaps a little bit... I find sometimes when I'm told I can't or shouldn't do something, the little devil inside me appears and edges me on, that I go and do it anyway.

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

Do I need to wash my hair, straighten it or put it up today? No, seriously, I don't tend to self analyse. I am happy with who I am and think life should be for living and experiencing rather than wasting time staring at myself wondering about all the what if's.

4. What is your favourite summer cold drink?

At the moment, Brown Brothers' Moscato Rosa ... light, fun, sparkling and pink, served with strawberries, yummm, just perfect for summer days.

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

I enjoy de-stressing with pilates, I enjoy the challenge of learning to pole dance or attempt a mad mountain bike ride. I totally love sourcing new recipes to try on unsuspecting friends and is there any way better to start Sunday morning off than by lazily with coffee and breakfast in bed?

6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?

There are way too many things I still want to accomplish (or at least try). Lets see, improve my photography skills, enjoy wine appreciation classes, learn to mix the perfect cocktail, hot air ballooning, become an accomplished writer (don't we all), learn more about web and graphic art design... and the list goes on.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person or always ditching?

I enjoyed school for the social aspect of being with friends. I loved learning too, so maybe at one point I may have overachieved and perhaps things were a bit too easy, but, put that together with a low boredom threshold and well... you get it.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?

There are two very poignant moments in my life: my sister and me being with Dad when he passed away; and the other looking after my niece at the hospital while waiting for my sister to deliver youngest niece and taking eldest in to see her mum and baby sister for the very first time.

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in you blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?

Do you really want to know that I eat porridge for breakfast? And as I have already shared my knickers with everyone in blogsphere... what else of the true self is there to know :).

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

Reading a book, in a bath full of bubbles, a glass of wine, candles, singing at the top of my voice to whatever is playing on my ipod... total, heavenly bliss.


Drum roll please, as I would like to pass on this Award to:

Mynx @ Dribble for being the impetus for my own blogging and getting me hooked.

Sandra @ Absolutely Narcissism I just love visiting her family.

While I pop off to let these people know about their Award, I thought I would just remind you who allowed me to pass it on :)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you thankyou thankyou. Totally brightened my day lovely lady.

    Going to make me work hard to answer those questions and it might be best to wait until I am outof my funk

    Great big hugs. Love you to bits and only 100 days left. Double digits from tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thanks for the kind words! I really enjoy your blog and am glad Mynx showed me the way here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only 99 now Mynx! Yay.

    JM, you are very welcome and the feeling is mutual, I love starting the day by logging into Blog land and catching up on your Blog :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...