Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I need a man....

"You're too independent."

"Ok, if you really say so?"

"So have you been out on any dates recently?"

"Been too busy recently, plus dating can be really hard work you know, mum."
"Maybe we should try and find you a toyboy instead, now that could be fun." I smile cheekily back at her.

My mother's conversation echos back to me. She might be right, I think I do need a man.

Especially in those moments.... you know the ones.... when the sun starts rising, shadows are drifting around the bedroom .... slowly coming to your senses.... that lethargic, not quite wanting to get up yet, could stay here for a while feeling... a stirring, next to you...ummm, a movement....I have company... a small, cute field mouse scurried from my wardrobe, behind my door, pausing for a moment, checking that the coast is clear before darting down the hallway.

It had probably found its way in, seeking shelter after the torrential rain on the weekend. At least I now know where my soap had disappeared too. Yes, I think I need a man.


11 comments:

  1. Hehe. Boyfriend and I fight over who has to kill the spiders. I usually win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you JM :), I mean isn't that one of their main purposes, to keep us safe from unwanted intruders?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the spider killer in my house! Boyfriend cannot get to them before I do. :-) twilightgazing, methinks you just need a mousetrap. There's nothing wrong with being independent. Anyone who says you're "too" independent secretly wishes they were more like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peanut butter on the mouse trap. Works a treat.
    This was not what I expected from you Miss T.
    Been missing our chats lately. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cat can do what a mousetrap can without you having to lift a finger. I don't think it could do everything a man could do for you though.

    But being independent, footloose, and fancy free is the ticket if that's what floats your boat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soapbox, I am impressed as I'm not very good with spiders either:). I have my mousetrap/cage ready to go, although I'm not sure what I'm going to do when/if I trap the furry ball of cuteness, might end up keeping it as a pet!

    I will put peanut butter on the shopping list Mynx, it is obviously a fussy eater, as it doesn't seem to like my choice of cheese, oh well more for me. Oops what expectations? :). Missed chatting too, next week should hopefully settle down at work - who am I kidding!

    Oh Don, my garden is party-central for all the neighbours' cats, although I think they are too busy enjoying the party then shooing mice away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well what are you waiting for Chief? You are hired :). Will have the sunshine, warmth and chocolate brownies all ready for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessings.......


    eeek at the mouse imaginery. You need a man or you want a man? There is a difference. There is nothing wrong with being independent...."too independent" does that mean you needing a man to make you less independent? hmmmmm.....just asking..... Having a good man to share your life with is fantastic, choose carefully and prayerfully for a great man that will welcome all your independents and not be threaten by it.

    have a blessed day
    Rhapsody.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Rhapsody. You are so correct, we should be accepted for our true self.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...