Friday, June 25, 2010

Friends of a difference

Through various sources I have made a number of on-line friends, that I chat to regularly and they have become part of my life. Two of my closest friends are on-line friends. I have received comments from some people in my life that I need a real life, so to those who receive similar comments, one of my on-line friends I have met. She is a beautiful, zany, fun, full of life person - her hair colour matches her life and I adore her to bits. My other on-line friend I am hoping to meet in October, someone with such a beautiful soul and yes he is staying with me during his visit, crazy, maybe, but real very much so, and October can't come soon enough. My two friends are meeting at this very moment, if only there were better air schedules, how fun it would be to join them as a surprise.

So yes there is real life out in cyber space. And as I argue, I would much prefer to communicate with people online in my spare time than to sit infront of tv and be bored witless.

I have made other friends, overseas, as one of them calls me, his spirtual friend. He is fun and sends me bits and pieces of his adventures in life, good and bad, problems and good times shared.

Another connection, as we call it, I have made with a lovely lady who I share sea adventures with, collecting sea glass and treasures and wonderful views and lighthouses, when she spends time on her local coast.

Maybe one day I will meet these special people in my life too.

7 comments:

  1. I’m not sure how I find myself here for the first time, but I intend to return and read more of your blog as time permits.

    Reading this post I feel almost certain that the online friend of the fairer sex that you mentioned has her own blog where she is known as Mynx. I enjoy her blog and became her blog’s first follower from outside of Australia. If I’m correct, you might give her a ring and ask if she will vouch for my integrity. From what I’ve just told you I think she will know who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Don, it is a pleasure to meet you.

    And yes you are very astute realising my connection with Mynx and there is certainly no need for me to vouch for your integrity.

    Please feel free to return to my blog anytime and hopefully enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your hospitality and I WILL return to read more about you and the adventures in your life that you blog posts about. I’m a technical dummy, but I see if I can become one of the followers of your blog too if that doesn’t make me a “stalker”. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I clicked on your “Follow” button but nothing happened. Is that my fault or do you need to change something to make it happen?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figured it out and am now your follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was introduced to my fiancee through Facebook (although the story is a little more complex than that, that's the simple version). We talked for a number of weeks before we decided to meet in NYC. We're getting married in September. I totally understand and relate to your connections.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderfully exciting. At times it can be amazing how we meet one another, some trust and faith and anything is possible. Not long to go until September, I hope the plans are going well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...