Friday, June 25, 2010

Date day

D day arrives.

I have connected with someone. A lovely looking guy, strong, tall and who appears sincere. His friend had joined him up to the site, well he "thinks she is a friend". He suggested meeting up for drinks, and lets me make the choice.

Me being me, no it couldn't just be drinks somewhere, instead, why not go for a late picnic. I'll bring the drinks and cheese and biscuits and he the picnic rug. Sometimes I have to wonder at myself, what makes me do these things.

I still wonder why my details are listed on the site. Perhaps it was from the gentle concern one of my on-line friends had about my "social" life. Don't get me wrong, I do have a social life, I am constantly out with friends and family and sometimes don't make it home. But it wasn't this aspect of my social life he was concerned with. So perhaps I am doing this, just so that I can report back that yes I have had a hot date. I really am not ready for someone permanent in my life again, I am enjoying myself as things are. Enjoying whatever may come from life.

So here I am about to meet a stranger, in the middle of a park for a picnic. Another of life's small adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...