Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas just isn't Christmas without knickers

Phew, time to sit back and relax after the last couple of days.

I love this time of year, the excitement, the buzz, the craziness, the catching up with friends and family (whether that is in person, making surprise early Christmas morning telephone calls, or emailing / facebooking / blogging out the Christmas wishes and cheer).

But it is nice to find some time to sit back, relax and enjoy the days that have been.

As predicted Christmas Day reached into the 40's (100's F) with the bluest and clearest of skies. It still makes me giggle though how, in Australia, we still recognise and decorate Christmas with snow scenes! Even though families celebrate in the airconditioning, down on the beach or picnicking under the shade of a large park tree.

Whilst we may not have snow to add to the magic wonderland feel of Christmas, we do have the Australian Christmas tree. It's luminous yellow flowers, brightening and cheering the parched surrounding bush at this time of the year. The tree also belongs to the mistletoe family, ahhh all the smooching that can be done under one of these! (and we will forget the fact that it survives due to it's parasitic nature).

With the mild temperate winters of Western Australia, and the lack of chimneys, Santa usually has to find alternate means to deliver his cargo of gifts to those that have been good during the year.


And what Christmas wouldn't be complete without the obligatory pair of knickers in the stocking, thanks Santa (uhh mum :)), hopefully I will fit into them with all the chocolate consumed over the last couple of days.

9 comments:

  1. You aren't going to have such panty lines with those! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mum has excellent taste miss T.

    Hmmm, cant wait to hear who gets a special viewing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a boy, I wore trousers that were called knickers during the winter. Actually the real name for them, I just learned, was knickerbockers, or Plus fours, but we didn't know it. If I had known that knickers are panties I might have refused to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definetly no panty lines with these ones Sandra :).

    Now, now Mynx a true lady never reveals, *winks*.

    Oh Don, definitely keep to the plus fours, frilly knickers and males, umm not quite a good look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved hearing about Christmas in Australia! So much fun.

    And I totally hear you about gaining a few extra pounds. Final verdict on the scale yesterday was 6. I'm trying to detox.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Consider yourself followed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Weed, I'm glad you enjoyed a little bit of sunshine. I'm too scared to even go near the scales yet. And I am still giggling over your post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute "knickers!" I love that word. I think I'll use it forever now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. JM, I just love blogging, it opens a new world to the words we use.

    Chief aka Dad, hello and thank you... mmm how about adding some sparkling?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...